16 June 2010

Topic #3 - Relationships

SL Bloggers - How hard do you think it is to find a relationship in SL? If you have an SL relationship, have you met in the physical world? Would you meet them? Do you think it would change your SL relationship if you met?

I think it's just like RL, if you go out, you meet people and sometimes it becomes a relationship. SL is exactly the same, you go around, you meet people who become friends and sometimes more. My main alt met 3 people in SL that became RL relations.
The 1st one called me by my family name as I was exploring a SIM and that was it. 2 weeks after we were together IRL, for at least... one weekend :) He came back to his country and I never heard of him again.
2nd was my SL partner 3 times but I didn't want a RL relation at the time. He said he was in love, and me I was depserately trying to explain him it was not real and I didn't want to go RL no matter what. He was more a soul brother to me and I wanted him as friend. We met RL but big mistake as we didn't have the same expectations. I broke his heart and now I do my best to be invisible in his SL.
3rd one, met IRL, lived together, and to sum up in one word: ouch

I believe online relations and SL relations can go as fast as they come. Try not to be naive with that. The feelings you have can be real but be aware that they can go only in one way and the person in front of you can be playing. Also online feelings are exagarated because you use your imagination to represent the person, and that is not real. So if you decide to take the step to meet IRL, think well and take your time to discover the person in real.

And on final happy note: 2 friends of mine who met in SL 3 years ago and live at each side of the earth are going to get married soon :)

By my side I go on on my road with my fiance, met IRL 4 years ago, with him for more than a year now, and we plan to spend the next 120 years together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment