16 June 2010

Topic #4 - What's my age again?

BBBC Topic #4 - What's my age again?

SL Bloggers - Is your avatar more or less your current biological age? Do you portray a younger avatar, or older? Why is this?

I think we don't really have a choice in SL: most of the skins make you look like you're 25. So unless you go in extreme avatars and do a child avatar or very old person avatar, and unless you are really 25, you can't really be around your real age.
One day I was preparing a fashion style for my blog and a friend told me "you look like a child". I didn't realize as I was doing it but it made me angry and I immediately changed. So maybe our age in SL is not in our eyes but other's people eyes?
I quite like this apparent unity in age of SL because we don't have this psychological barrier not to speak to older or younger people that we could naturally have IRL.
The arrival of voice made funny and surprising situations because you can lie about your age but your voice doesn't :)
And to simply answer the question what's my age again? I'll be 4 years old in December and IRL I'm 33.
Miyoko for Big Bad Blogger Challenge 2010

1 comment:

  1. The voice morphing feature will allow us to lie about our age soon (not to mention gender lol)

    ReplyDelete